Thanksgiving is a holiday I’ve not known as a child but grown to love as an adult. The big cookout, family & friends getting together, laughter, music, celebration of life. What’s not to love?
2010 has been challenging but there are loads of things to be thankful for.
Big Ticket Items I Am Thankful For
- A healthy family
- A husband who
loves meputs up with me
- Our beautiful house (so many people don’t have that anymore)
- Work that I love
More Thanks For The Little Things That Matter
- Coffee on my nightstand ready before I wake up
- Little hugs – gosh I could live for those
- Many “luv mom” notes my oldest son gives me
- Little feet that I can tickle and kiss whenever I want or need to
- Laptop that manages to keep going, against all odds
- Husband loading the dishwasher, without me having to nag him about it
- Sleeping in until 8 am (I’m a night owl – big surprise!)
- Juicy, dirty little kisses from my munchkins
- To-die-for “conversations” that I have with my 2yo
- King size bed, capable of handling
5 sleeping2 snoozing + 3 squirming bodies at the time
- Quiet evenings with my husband (who for some reason puts up with me)
- My kids’ art, spilling out of every cabinet, every drawer, every storage box imaginable
- My sister, my brother and my mom who travel 1.5k+ miles each way to play with my kids while putting up with me
- And the big fat TV, my most reliable babysitter – I couldn’t have done it without you!
I’m sure I forgot a ton of other little things that I’m thankful for but maybe you can grow this list by adding your own stuff in comments below – I’d love hear to what you are thankful for this year!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
..and yes, my babies are off pacifiers. We put on a show just for you! 😉